We Know All About Fire Restoration | SERVPRO® of Prattville
Watching flames engulf your home and then facing the aftermath of a fire can be devastating. Nobody wants to go through a tragic, life altering event such as this. Disasters do not choose whose path they cross. It is not possible to prevent disasters, so you must make sure you have a plan of action should one occur.
A Few Things to Remember During the Aftermath
- Do NOT enter the premises until the authorities have deemed the structure safe. Your home may be unstable, and objects in the home can still be scorching hot.
- After receiving permission to enter your home, survey the area. Take pictures of the damage, including all the affected contents and areas.
- Next, contact your insurance agent to file a claim. Did you know we will work with your adjuster to restore your home? Adjusters will set the amount of money insurance can provide for the disaster and we will stay within the budget for repairs.
- Contact a professional, such as SERVPRO of Prattville, to begin the restoration process.
Handling the Restoration Process
Here at SERVPRO of Prattville, we are sympathetic and understand how nerve-wracking fire damage can be. We see firsthand how fire can disrupt what should be your safe zone. Our goal is not only to restore your home to preloss condition but also to complete the process with minimal disruption to your life.
The fire restoration process must be performed in specific steps. Every fire damage is different, but the general process remains the same. Here are the basic steps in the restoration process.
- Initial Contact: When you call SERVPRO, we will ask a series of questions about how the fire started, what was affected, and who your insurance agent is. We will then schedule a time to inspect your home.
- Inspection and Assessment: Inspecting your home allows us to assess the extent of the damage. Once we know what type of loss we are looking at, we can a restoration plan that is specific to your needs.
- Securing Your Home: Next we board up windows and walls, place tarps to cover the roof, and protect the premises, if necessary. Our priority is to prevent any further damage from occurring.
- Water Removal: After securing the home, we will remove any water, if present. Firefighting efforts will often leave the structure saturated. Extensive water damage may occur in your home as a result. We use specialized vacuums to extract the water and place air-drying equipment to begin the mitigation process.
- Removal of Smoke and Soot: For SERVPRO to successfully remove smoke and soot, we use specialized equipment and techniques. Smoke and soot are highly toxic and may be hazardous to your entire space. Even if a fire is limited to one area, smoke and soot can travel throughout your home through the air ventilation system. We use industrial air movers and fogging equipment to assist in removing the smoke odor. Deodorizing will also be a part of the final steps for the smoke removal process.
- Cleaning Contents: SERVPRO strives to repair instead of replace your family treasures. Our technicians use multiple cleaning techniques to restore them to preloss condition. Decades of industry experience allow us to take on any aspect of the restoration process, including cleaning one-of-a-kind rugs and family heirloom furniture.
- Restoration: The last step is getting your home back to its preloss condition. If any minor repairs are needed, our reconstruction department will add you to their schedule. Our reconstruction teams handle any repairs from replacing drywall, painting, installing new carpet, and repairing flooring.
We understand that certain items make your home feel like your safe space. Using our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality, we can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes. SERVPRO of Prattville uses multiple techniques to restore your family treasures. Dry and wet cleaning, spray and wipe, foam cleaning, abrasive cleaning, and immersion cleaning all play a part in the restoration process.
We can also restore fire-damaged electronics such as television sets, DVD players, and computers. Do NOT attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device you suspect is damaged by fire. These can present a dangerous hazard and may start another electrical fire.
It is also possible to restore documents depending on the amount of fire, smoke, and soot damage. Air drying, dehumidification, freezer drying, vacuum freeze-drying, and vacuum thermal drying are all options to restore your precious artifacts.
From structures to contents, SERVPRO of Prattville, knows how to handle all your fire restoration needs. We may not be able to prevent a fire in your home, but we do have the capability to make it "Like it never even happened.” Contact us today at 334.358.1186 for all your fire and water restoration needs!